Company History dates as far back as 1890, when the predecessor of Interasco was founded in Thessaloniki. During its 120 year – long continuous and committed presence, Interasco has been established in the eyes of the Greek Insurance community as a reliable and prestigious company.
In 2006, Interasco becomes a subsidiary of Harel Insurance Investments and Financial Services. For this purpose Interasco Societe Anonyme General Insurance Company (S.A.G.I.) is founded.
Harel Insurance Investments & Financial Services Ltd. is one of Israel's largest insurance and finance groups. With an income of over € 1,7 billion, Assets Under Management in excess of € 21 billion, own equity of € 731 million and 3.000.000 customers, Harel supports Interasco in achieving its turnover and profitability targets and enhancing its position in the Greek Insurance Market.
One of the largest Insurance and Financial Services providers in the Israeli market
- No 1 in health insurance
- No 2 in non-life insurance
- No 2 in Mutual Funds
- No 4 in Life Insurance
- No 4 in Pension Funds
Specific advantages that come as a result from the consolidation of Interasco in Harel Group include
- Interasco becomes a member of a strong Insurance and Financial Services Group
- Interasco can actively collaborate with top tier reinsurance providers
- Interasco takes advantage of the extensive Harel’s knowhow both in the fields of new product development and in administrative and IT support
- Interasco can create new, specialized insurance solutions, adjusted to the needs of Greek customers.
Today, Interasco is a modern and flexible company, with highly experienced and trained human capital bearing an excellent degree of customer focus. At the same time, Interasco collaborates with an extensive network of over 600 specialized sales agents and brokers, providing superior service to its customers throughout the Greek territory.